Our Responsibilities to You
We are committed to giving you the best possible service.
- Names: People involved in your care will give you their names and ensure that you know how to contact them. The surgery will be well sign posted and the doctors’ names are indicated on their surgery rooms.
- Access: You will have access to a doctor rapidly in the case of an emergency. We will arrange a home visit as appropriate for those patients too ill or infirm to be brought to the surgery.
- Respect: Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their health care, irrespective of their ethnic origin or religious and cultural beliefs.
- Information: We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure you receive the information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
- Health Promotion: The practice will offer patients advice and information on steps they can take to promote good health and avoid illness, and self-help which can be undertaken without reference to a doctor in the case of minor ailments.
- Health Records: You have the right to see your health records, subject to limitations in the law. These will be kept confidential at all times.
Help Us to Help You
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please do everything you can to keep to appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot attend, otherwise other patients may have to wait longer. Please ask for home visits by the doctor only when the person is too ill to visit the surgery.
- Please keep your phone call brief and avoid calling during the peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- We ask that you treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- Violence or threat of violence is not acceptable to doctors, staff or other persons, either on the practice premises or where treatment is being provided. The appropriate authorities will be contacted should such an incident occur.
- Please read either the information on this web site, information in our practice booklet or the notices on display carefully. This will help you get the best out of the services we offer. It is important that you understand the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.
- Remember, you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice.