Repeat prescriptions will be issued at the doctor’s discretion and are normally for patients on long-term treatment.
Requests for prescriptions can be made by:
- Dropping your request into reception between 08:45 and 18:00
- Email to Prescriptions.Z00604@gp.hscni.net
- Online via this link (following a simple registration)
- By sending a stamped addressed envelope
You may also order your REPEAT prescription through your local chemist. This will save you having to telephone the surgery or come in to the surgery to collect your prescription as the chemist will do this for you.
What you need to do?
A few days before your prescription is due:
- Tick the required items on the right hand side of the prescriptions form.
- Write the name of the chemist on the bottom of the form.
- Take the form to your chemist and arrange with them when you have to call back to the chemist to collect the medication.
Requests for repeat prescriptions can be made by the patient or patient’s representative- this can be a nominated relative, pharmacist, health care worker, residential or nursing home.
We are unable to take requests or issue repeat prescriptions at weekends and public holidays or out of normal surgery hours.
Prescriptions must be collected before 17:45, by a responsible adult (over 16 years)
Acute prescriptions can be ordered Monday - Friday either at reception or by phone 10:00 to 16:00.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.